Friday, August 7, 2015

Crowned Apothecary Tray for Prima

post signatureI had a blast creating with all the new Memory Hardware goodies. They really give that antique feel! I used the Wooden Trays as my base, and went a little crazy with the mediums. I added textures and colors until I was happy. Then those lovely vials, that are already Amber colored were so fun to alter. I filled them with little messages, glitter, beads, even smaller bottles inside of the large one. Which i lovingly created a home using an antique silver fork. The chain was perfect for adding the look I wanted, and every other piece in Frank's collection. I crowned my piece to finish it off, hope you will see some of my creative process in the tutorial. 






First off I grabbed some of the new Memory Hardware pieces to use and gathered any other supplies I knew I wanted to incorporate. This gives me a good jumping off point to choose what to add and what colors to choose.

I wanted a neutral background paper, so I opted to use the gorgeous Garden Fable collection. 
But I stuck with the text print to keep it in the colors I wanted. I glued paper on all my edges and the inside panel of the smaller tray.

For my crown I used more of the Garden Fable Collection. I used a template from the internet. I lined front and back of both pieces, and then went around all the edges with my oil pastels for a vintage look. While these are flat you will want to add most of your mediums. Then I adhered the shapes together after curving them with my hands. 

After your papers are adhered use the clear gesso to do 2 coats all over . I added a LOT of mediums, so it needs to be sealed really well.

Next I started with my crackle paints. I added the clear crackle very liberally all over my crown and trays. I left this to dry over night.

I also added the clear crackle to a couple of my vials as well. To further age them.
For the small bottle I added a piece of garden fable paper which I rolled on the edge of a paintbrush. It looks super cute up close. 

The next morning I added more crackle mediums and microbeads to my wooden trays. Also a bit of the glass glitter. Then I started filling my bottles and decorating them. For the large bottle,  I added chain , jump rings, glass glitter, and a teeny tiny bottle from my local craft store.

I also added some of the Milagros Relics to the top of the cork and decorated with flowers and the La Rochelle Trinkets, attaching it with the new Antique Jump Rings I spritzed it with water and dropped some alcohol ink on top. After that I used the splattering effect you can get with the Color Bloom sprays. So easy and fun to do! I used the Frost, it showed up perfectly on top of the vintage toned vial.


 I started adhering my bottle into my tray. I used an antique silver fork, which I bent , to hold the large bottle. It looks like the hand is holding onto the handle :) From here you are just having fun and adding all of your embellishments!

I used the Memory Hardware Pearls to fill up another one of the vials. Really pretty and simple!

I played around with my Antique Jump Rings, made a little crown for one of the Relics. 

I lined my crown with the new Montagnag Cord Chain and created loops with it as well.



I added more of the new released metals and flowers until I was happy with the look. 
I also used one of the bloom girl stamps to add in some stamped flowers to my sprays.

All done :)
Hope you found a bit of inspiration to use these AMAZING new pieces from Prima's Memory Hardware.

 
Supply List
Apothecary Vials-990619
Antique Rings-990626
La Rochelle Antique Trinkets-
Montagnag Cord Chain-990671
Ornamental Metal-583545
Ornamental Metal Drops-583576
Antique Cloches-990329
Memory Hardware Pearls-990398
Oil Pastels-814328
Wooden Trays-941765
Garden Fable A4 Pad-847333
Gracie Vine-556280
Relics n Artifacts Milagros-941581
Garden Fable Sprout Flowers-580803
Art Basics Heavy Gesso-961442
Art Basics Clear GEsso-961466
Texture Paste Clear Crackle-961541
Gold Crackle Texture Paste-961558
Chalkboard Paint Egg Blue-577216
Copper Crackle Paste-961534
Silver Microbeads-962562
Gold Rush Glass Glitter-961657
Color Bloom Spray Frost-582890
Bloom Girl Jing Stamp ( flowers )-980191

2 comments:

  1. That's a huge crown for such a small box :-). Lots of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great artwork, realy fabulous !!!
    man greetings
    margit

    ReplyDelete